eCampus Version 9.1 Student Tutorials
Welcome to eCampus. eCampus is the system you will use to
access your online course materials or take your online class.
Below are several short tutorials to help you learn how to
If you have questions about eCampus, please call
972-669-6402 or the toll free helpline at 1-866-374-1769, or visit us on the web at
Introduction to eCampus
Basics of eCampus
Blackboard IM (formerly Pronto)
How to Name a File
File Naming Conventions
(It is best not use spaces, underscores, pound signs, exclamation marks, etc. in your file name.)
How to Best Save a File
- Microsoft Works (.wps) files should always be
"Save as type:
Rich Text Format (.rtf) "
- WordPerfect (.wpd) files should always be
Rich Text Format (rtf) "
- Word (.doc) or (.docx) files should always be
Rich Text Format (rtf)
- Word Viewer "View, print and copy Word documents, even if you don't have Word installed." (Microsoft)
- Power Point Viewer 2007 "Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 lets you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions." (Microsoft)
- Adobe Reader "Download new and previous versions of Adobe Reader" (Adobe)
- Excel Viewer 2003 "Open, view, and print Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel installed." (Microsoft)